Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Monday, 14 October 2013

Grow Baby, Grow Grow - F.A.S.T Shampoo & Conditioner Review

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair!" - said no-one to me, ever. Whilst I'm not doing too bad in the hair length department, like most girls I dream of having longer hair. Sure I've dabbled around with extensions the odd-time (clip in not micro-rings or anything like that, I keep hearing horror stories of the state they leave your hair in afterwards, so eh, no thanks) and I've gone the old school way of waiting patiently for my hair to magically grow, but sometime shortly, say oh, I dunno, 4 weeks in I get bored and off I go to get the chop and see all my hard work end up on the hair salon floor. This and the fact that I'm paranoid about split ends, so any signs of straggliness and it's chop-chop time, so all in all growing your hair out can be a long, boring and fraught process altogether which is no fun at all.

Wouldn't it be great if there was some magical potion you could wash your hair with and start seeing results straight away?


OK, so maybe the FAST set of Shampoo and Conditioner isn't the elusive, magical elixir that promises beautiful flowing locks after just one use but it just might be the next best thing.



Now for the science bit (I've always wanted to say that!)

"F.A.S.T (Fortified Amino Scalp Therapy) is a special blend

 of natural herbs and essential amino acids which provides 

the basis for the ultimate in quick healthy hair growth. 

F.A.S.T is a shampoo and conditioner that works in 

combination to grow your hair as FAST as possible – up to 

99% faster. So if your hair normally grows about 1 inch a 

month, you can expect to see hair grow to up to 2 inches 

after 1 month of daily use of F.A.S.T."



The range contains a special blend of amino acids, B-

complex vitamins and  herbs, which help to provide for a 

healthy, ideal scalp and hair environment for maximum 

growth potential.


According to Nisim-the manufacturers, the sulphur-

containing amino acids are key. This highly unique and 

specific combination of amino acids and proteins along with

 the proprietary extraction and manufacturing process are 

designed to create a healthy scalp environment while 

targeting the hair in the anagen phase to grow at their 

maximum possible rate while also helping to extend the 

other phase cycles as well.


There's no fuss or frills with FAST - the shampoo and 

conditioner comes in quite plain bottles, with no fancy 

packaging or design. But so long as it's substance 

over style then that's all good! Each bottle contains 

300ml of product which is more than enough to keep 

you going for a month, which is how long you really 

need to put the products to the test.


I've been using this for the past 4 weeks religiously now. I probably should have, but I never thought to take measurements of my hair beforehand (or would that be taking things a step to far whipping out the retractable measuring tape?) so I cannot comment with certainty as to how much my hair as grown since using this, and now this could just be a placebo effect, but it really does look and feel as though my hair is definitely inching its way downwards - all steps in the right direction! I have had a few people comment that my hair was looking long, so that's a good sign too!

In all fairness, this stuff is supposed to work by providing your scalp with all the nutrients the follicles need to be stimulated with and if nothing else, my scalp is feeling much healthier - before I started using this, I noticed my scalp had become a bit on the dry side and that's all but gone now, which I can only attribute to the FAST products doing their thang. 

With hair growth it's extremely hard to accurately 

calculate the amount of hair growth and the

result of a product over a period of time or at least it 

is for me anyhow unless you're going to be religiously 

taking measurements at set intervals, I do reckon this

 is doing what it's supposed though in that it's 

nourishing my scalp and the follicles which in turn 

should promote hair growth at a faster pace than 

normal.


Bottom Line: You're not going to magically wake up one day with 

heaving locks Rapunzel would be "well jel" of but I do think that 

with sustained use over a period of time (and some patience) you 

should notice a visible and noticeable improvement in the rate of 

hair growth and an overall improvement  in the condition of your 

scalp. 


You can visit the FAST website here or visit them on Facebook and Twitter

The Shampoo & Conditioner comes in a set and retails for €32.99 at Boots here
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...